RE: [OM] Help! Trapped at a wedding./ADITL2

Subject: RE: [OM] Help! Trapped at a wedding./ADITL2
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 08:57:03 +0000
Ken Norton wrote:

>13. Keep it simple.

One of the better local wedding pro's told me that he uses the 80mm on his
Hasselblad for just about everything, only switching to 50mm for tight spots
or really large groups.  It cuts down the decision-making and allows him to
concentrate no the important things- he always uses the same film, the same
aperture (f/5.6) and bangs off all the usual groups before trying anything
different.  Thanks for all the advice Ken.

I was an advocate of the 50mm theme for ADITL, and I hope all the
participants have enjoyed some of the benefits - no huge camera bag, no
agonising about what to take and what to leave behind.  Ah, such freedom!
It concentrates the mind on the key issue - framing photographs.

Simon E.