Re: [OM] Re: 4TI Emergency use , John Hudson

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 4TI Emergency use , John Hudson
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 18:34:23 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: John Gettis <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, October 02, 1999 3:00 PM

>I stand corrected on the flash firing without batteries on the 4Ti.  I just
tried it ,  removed the batteries , set on red 60th with Vivitar 285 and
flash did not go off.  Camera fires but no flash.  The Vivitar 285 has a
test button ,  I guess you go try to fire and press the test button at the
same time but that would be tuff to do.  But in the last resort , what can
you do.

I assumed the flash was trigered by a ground switch like the OM-1.  Why
would Olympus design a feature where if you batteries went dead you could
fire at bulb or 60th (red) but the flash would not fire. (not worring about
TTL)  It behoves me.  But I guess you learn something everyday.  Fortunately
for me , I have lost my batteries in a live shoot , but I had spares and a
back-up body just in case.

I love deep sea fishing and sports because it parallels.  In deep sea
fishing you should have two types of rigs already set up ready to go.  One
for fishing deep and the other set up in advance to free-line live bait in
the event a school of fish come near the boat high in the water, to where
you can see them.  If you have to ask yourself OK get the free-line rig set
up , your chances are reduced of being sucessful.

The key thing is to be prepared for the worst.  So , I guess bring a rain
jacket and umbrella  along with a rain coat.

Thanks for pointing out the flash not working on 4Ti without batteries.

Sam...