Re: [OM] Shooting styles revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting styles revisited
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:53:29 -0700 (PDT)
  As usual Mr.Norton seems to have a realistic view of
the current state of photography. I have watched the
decline of the all mechanical 35mm camera with some
saddness. I really like the feel that my early OM-1
(non md) has. I have never wanted to own a 2or4 OM
just because they are paperweights when the batteries
die (or when the electronics go belly-up they are
really done for) I know this is not a rational view,
so please, no flames. I sometimes wonder if this
mental block toward cameras with electronically
governed, mechanically propelled shutters is shared by
many (or any) old timers,ie.those of us who started in
photography in the early 70s when there was a
wonderful selection of sturdy, precision, reliable
cameras to choose from. sorry for the OT rant, but Mr.
Norton's comments triggered a nostalgic moment.

=====