RE: [OM] Help! Trapped at a wedding.

Subject: RE: [OM] Help! Trapped at a wedding.
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:47:48 -0700
I used to shot weddings for a living.  I used a Bronica Etr and a Norman
strobe.  Some of the last years weddings were some of the reasons I no
longer do this.   One wedding the Groom was a aspiring rock star.  In
between the Wedding that was at a church and the reception was a 15 min
drive for me.  It was a 2 hour drive for the limo that stopped at several
ligour stores on the was.  I waited for the Bride and Groom to arrive I was
standing in front of a speaker for the rock band for almost a hour and half.
The speaker was almost 8 feet tall my hearing was ok that night but the next
couple of days I was almost deaf.  When they showed up I shot most of the
shots I needed in 15 mins and than got several of the couple on the stage.
They left after probably a half hour and so did I.  I was real glad I left
as within 15 mins the party got crashed and it got rowdy.  The brides mother
wound up in the emergency room when the crashers were asked to leave they
tore the wedding cake apart and hit her with one of the layers.  The
weddings I liked the most were the Hispanic ones where the family cooked the
food them selves.  I usually did not eat at the wedding as I was working but
several times I while I was working some of the older family members would
come up and take my camera and force me to eat,  not that it was hard to do
that.  John Gettis