Re: [OM] Help! Trapped at a wedding.

Subject: Re: [OM] Help! Trapped at a wedding.
From: Wayne Shumaker <wayne@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 15:56:30 -0400
Although I have never shot a wedding, this advice may be way off. I
think I would take a flash meter and double check that the flash
exposure the meter reads agrees with what the camera+flash is doing.
Experiment before hand. I sometimes use a throw away roll to check the
camera+flash with the meter. It's a great way to learn the limits of
the flash system. The flash meter reads what is put out, while the
camera meters the reflected light. If there is a lot of white in the
picture, you may have to compensate. Again, the flash meter is very
helpful.

A long time ago, when I got married outside in bright sun, I had
friends and relatives take the photos. The ones that were correctly
were done my my astronomer friend. However, the photo that got framed
was by my dad. I would recommend other people take photos as well.
my $0.02.

Wayne
Hopkinton, MA