Re: Sv: [OM] <OT> ADITL3 preview <G>

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] <OT> ADITL3 preview <G>
From: Brian Windrim <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:07:14 +0100 (BST)
>> Images are to be in 640x480 pixel size, around 50kb in size and in
>> .jpg format.

Was there a reason for choosing this aspect ratio?

Given that all the pictures will be taken on full-frame 35mm (unless
someone has a 50mm Zuiko on a Pen-F) I would have though something
like 720x480 would have been more appropriate (or else just specify a
maximum for one of the sides and let people make their own cropping
decisions).

Don't get me wrong, I'm *not* proposing that we should change the
arrangements for ADITL2 at this late stage, but maybe the issue could
be re-visited for the next ADITL?

One of the things I like about jpeg is not being tied to standard
'paper' sizes.

-Brian