Re: [OM] a few questions

Subject: Re: [OM] a few questions
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:05:32 -0700
At 07:47 PM 25-09-99 PDT, : "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hey guys, I am new to the list and just thought I might put my few questions
>in for fun.  I come primarily from a nikon background (all manual of course)
>with a bit of rollei thrown in for laughs.  I was seriously considering
>buying an om4t as an alternative to a nikon F3T.  I had a couple of
>questions I just was not sure of even after doing a bit of research.

........".......was seriously..." Sound like the past tense! Should you not
read "......am seriously......"

>Does the om4 have Depth of field preview?

Yes ....or at least the lenses do.

>Does it hace a PC synch socket?

Yes

>Is there a back available that will imprint shooting data (apperture &
>shutter).  The recordback4 can't do this, right?

??

>Among the zuiko lenses, which are considered to be the real 'shiners'?

My 50/1.4 and 50/1.8 compete al the way with my Leica M lenses. My 28/2.8,
50/3.5macro, 100/2.8, 135/3.5 and 200/4 are right up there with my Wetzlar
and Midland glass as well.

>Which lenses would you not go without?

I use my 28/2.8 more and more ..... perhaps it might be my first pick but
wouldn't like to be without my other lenses

>I think that was about it for now.  Are there any out there on this list
>coming to Olympus from a nikon background?  Can anyone share experiences
>they've had with the om4?

Could not say ..... I've never been in Nikon country.

Better still though ..... coming in from an M experience I can tell you
that adding a leading letter O is no let down at all.

>Thanks in advance...
>Shaun Van Poecke

Thanks for asking....... my OM4T results are right there alongside my M3
results.

jh