Re: [OM] finding parts for Olympus OM2N

Subject: Re: [OM] finding parts for Olympus OM2N
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:09:38 -0400
Just get some electrical tape or Kodak's black light-proof tape. Cut a piece of the tape or paper that is big enough to cover the hole with overlap and put it on the sticky side of the tape. That would prevent any adhesive from getting in the socket.

I like the Kodak tape, because IMO it doesn't leave as much residue. The electrical tape gets rather gummy when hot and tends to leave adhesive behind. But the Kodak tape is hard to find, at least for me.

I had tape on one body for about 2 years, and I never missed the winder cap. It was real easy to take the tape off, stick it to the baseplate, and mount a Winder or MD-1. There was no losing that tape then!

Skip

At 9/23/99 10:11 PM  -0400, you wrote:
In a message dated 9/23/99 8:27:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Watch how you cover that hole.
>  You could get some gummy stuff in there.
>  Better to lay something over it and use gaffers tape.

With the nutty prices on eBay for odds and ends like the covers, it may be
cheaper to just buy a used winder to cover the hole...

Paul Schings