[OM] [Brisbane] Gearhead alert---Oly gear at my local pawnshop

Subject: [OM] [Brisbane] Gearhead alert---Oly gear at my local pawnshop
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24 Sep 1999 11:14:34 +1000
Dear All,
          As I danced with the devil yesterday (purcahsing a Y*sh*c* M*t
TLR), the staff at The Sacred Store[1] let me scrabble under the counter
where all the OM gear was temporarily off-shelf being re-priced (lowered!).

They have (prices are OzBucks, folks)

        An infinite number of off-brand zooms in the $100-$150 range

        Olympus AF 50mm, $80
        Olympus AF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 $220

        Fifty seven billion 50/1.8 @ $40.ea, some with skylight filters

        IS-1000 $475

        OM40 + 50/1.8 + Winder2 $320

        An OM-2n (around $250 I think. I inspected this one, it's in
        good nick although the rewind crank is missing the hinge-pin
        from the handle)

        No fewer than 10 OM10s (including some quartz black body) from
                around $200 up, with ubiquitous 50/1.8.
        OM101 power focus

        XA3 + A11 flash $120
        XA2             $120
        A11 flash       $30

[1] "Cash Converters" at Indooroopilly, Brisbane (Australia).

p.s. I'm back from a travel/work/stress-induced hiatus, and ready for
        ADITL3.  Boy did I miss some stuff, eh?

--
 ------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
 | Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |