portable cameras, was Re: [OM] SUV Bashers

Subject: portable cameras, was Re: [OM] SUV Bashers
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:13:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Bob Sull wrote:

> My daughter had an Explorer for three years.  She recently went to a
> Mustang with the 3.8L V6 and a five speed.  We'll see what winter is
> like this year.  She said she really never felt comfortable in her
> SUV.....

If she gets a set of really skinny wheels and tires for the winter she may
be OK.

> OM content ----->  I carry an OM-1 in my '95 work T-bird.....

I've been eyeing the old 35SP series of rangefinder olympus cameras as
"carry-all" small cameras that will fit in my briefcase. I supposed I'd be
better off with a Stylus or similar point and shoot camera, but I was
wondering about the praticality of using these old rangefinder cameras
with non-interchangeable lenses as "have-it-with-you" type of camera. I'm
not a very good photographer in my opinion, but it may be good for me to
spend some time over lunch to wander around outside and take some snaps. I
don't know if I could do it though, I'd be too self consious, like when I
was in the courtyard of the National Geographic in downtown DC taking
pictures of my daughter. I'm sure that got a chuckle out of all the super
photog's they have there!

Be Seeing You.

Dirk Wright