Re: [OM] SUV Bashers

Subject: Re: [OM] SUV Bashers
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:54:57
At 10:54 PM 9/21/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I don't think I would ever go back to a car.  As for driving, these
>generalisations are unfair.  I could say many many things about drivers of
>these small cars but I won't go there.

What I intended to say was that it takes much more awareness to drive an
SUV safely than a car because SUV's are so much larger and heavier than
cars. Virtually everyone that I've seen does not have this awareness. The
consequences to others (non-SUVs) from an unskilled SUV driver are much
higher than from a smaller car. The damage that an SUV can inflict on
other's property in an accident is tremendous. Insurance companies have
started to recopgnize this and have raised the liablity insurance for SUV
owners accordingly. Sure, there are plenty of small car owners that can't
drive also, but they are not nearly the danger to others that SUVs can be
when driven poorly.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright