Re: [OM] ...dirt inside lenses...

Subject: Re: [OM] ...dirt inside lenses...
From: "earthlink" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:42:06 -0700
I had the bug problem with a 70-210 Tamron. I bought the lens cheap, and
when I got it home I noticed there was exoskeletons of bugs jamming the
diaphragm. After realizing it was too difficult to disassemble, I resorted
to experimentation. I fired up the air compressor and used a fine nozzle,
blowing air into the slots of the diaphragm controls. The stuff all blew
out, and the lens worked perfect after that, I think it even blew a little
of the dust out too.
They make these little cans with compressed air that would probably work
better.

catmaster