[OM] more <WOB>RE: EPA regs

Subject: [OM] more <WOB>RE: EPA regs
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:21:21
At 07:41 AM 9/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Self-appointed "elite's" (formerly kings, czars, etc., currently various
>advocates of "saving" -- the environment, children, fuzzy animals, etc ---
>and "rights") always know what's best for the other guy, and construct
>rationales to justify their control of everybody else.

The EPA at least attempts to balance the needs of the individual against
the corporations, and also uses a healthy dose of science in rendering
decisions. New things are constantly being discovered, much to my horror.

For example, did you know that the most carcinigenic chemical known to man
is present in small quantities in diesel engine exhaust? this chemical is
an order of magnitude more lethal than dioxin.

Or, that the magnitude of temperature rise in the troposphere (ground
level) is higher than any known record going back at least 600,000 years?
(based on tree ring research and ice core samples)

That's what the
>framers of the Constitution wanted to avoid by a limited Government. Read
>the 10th Amendment.

They didn't know about pollution back then.

 Vote according to your belief's, a nation gets the kind
>of government it deserves. There are no free lunches. What the government
>gives to one, it must take from another, less a healthy cut for those who
>operate the government apparatus.

Of course, vote your beliefs. I don't picture the gov't taking from one and
giving to another when it comes to pollution laws.

Do you believe that any government will
>ever "whither away" once it's done its "job"?

There are 300,000 less federal gov't employees now than there were 10 years
ago. Of course, many of the old jobs are now contracted out, so the actual
"job" may not have dissappeared. But, many positions have been eliminated
all together, mostly in DOD.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright