Re: [OM] Black and white portraits

Subject: Re: [OM] Black and white portraits
From: Daryl F Hurley <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:55:39 -0500
>In a message dated 1999-09-14 9:35:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jahudson@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< 1. Filters I should get or borrow........ yellow, blue, etc >>

Green or orange will work, I prefer the orange.  In your case, given the
proximity of your subjects, I don't know that I would use a filter?  If
you do use a filter, keep in mind that it will also affect the "color" or
more appropriately, shades of gray, of clothing and background.  This can
work for you in terms of providing separation from the background, or
against you by causing two unlike colors to show as similar shades of
gray and blend together.

Daryl Hurley