Re: [OM] Still No OM in Practical Photography (and other stuff)

Subject: Re: [OM] Still No OM in Practical Photography (and other stuff)
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:03:03 EDT
Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Also on the subject of blades; both my Hoya 75-260 and my Prinzflex 80-200
> have
>  got 8 blades, all my Zuikos have 6. What did we decide the difference was?

Apparently (at least in theory) more blades = rounder aperture opening =
better bokeh. All I know is that my 100/2 has 9 blades, and the bokeh is very
smooth and soft. I'm not sure if there is a cause/effect relationship there.
There are obviously other variables affecting bokeh, or all lenses would have
great bokeh wide open (perfectly round opening).

Paul Schings