Re: [OM] Battery & winder cover plate for OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery & winder cover plate for OM-4
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:00:38
At 10:02 PM 9/8/99 +0100, you wrote:
>If you really need a black one you could always press a chrome one on to a
>lump of well chewed gum (to hold it in place and mask-off the threads) and
>spray the outer side with black enamel - worked for me!

I'm curious about something regarding paint on cameras. Brass is extremely
hard to paint, it needs a special etching type primer, and then you're
still just "spray and pray" as to whether it sticks and you don't get any
fisheyes. So, what's all the fuss about in the used camera market when the
camera shows "some brassing"??? It's a wonder that the factory paint sticks
at all, based on my experience in painting brass. You'd be much better off
with some kind of plating, like nickel or chrome.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright