Re: [OM] OM-10 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 questions
From: Emil Pozar <epozar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 00:04:50 +0200
gary lemasters wrote:

> Dear OM fans,
>
> I have used an OM-1 MD since 1977.  I just got the bug to own the other OMs
> of the period, and bought an OM-10 and T20 flash. Questions for anyone:
>
> 1.  With the manual adapter in place and the switch below the ASA knob
> turned to Manual, should the shutter speed display be the same as the manual
> adapter setting?  Or you completely ignore the display?

Yes, if you agree with a camera recommended shutter speed - shown in a
viewfinder. Manual adapter set speed is NOT shown in the viewfinder.

> 2.  I assume that the the camera does not meter when set on 'Manual', so you
> need some other way to pick the f-stop, light a light meter, correct?

See above.. camera meters just the same as in AUTO setting - using an
in-viewfinder CdS metering cell. (but in AUTO the actual shutter speed
is set by using an OTF method and mirror_box_floor mounted cell, without
any /direct/ relation to the viewfinder indications - a la OM-2).

> 3.  With the T-20 flash installed and set on 'Auto', shouldn't the shutter
> selector light be next to the red flash synch icon at the top of the
> display? How else do you tell the camera to synch with a flash?

This is true only if the OM-10 is also set to AUTO (camera goes to
1/60)**. Otherwise it's up to you to set the correct sync speed.

** Camera instructions warns to set manual adapter to 1/30 or less. I
had had no problems with any adapter setting(?)

--
Regards,

Emil Pozar
epozar@xxxxxxxxx