[OM] Additional Dribble-OT

Subject: [OM] Additional Dribble-OT
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:26:28 EDT
Several list members have described their cassette deck purchases from the
80's and it's amazing how many of us had/have similar tastes in audio
equipment and cameras. I,too, bought an Akai deck in 1986. In my case it was
a   GX-9. I also bought a BX-300 Nak. in 1985. Both decks have performed
flawlessly. I sold the BX300 along with some ADCOM stuff last month to help
finance a home theater set-up. I'll probably keep the Akai forever.  Akai
kind of dropped from the consumer seen in the US in the late 80's. They
introduced a deck in the 1989-1990 time frame that was written up as having
the flatest record/playback response ever measured, but, unfortunately, was
never seen, at least in the US.
Gary Faulkenberry