Re: [OM] OM2000 vs OM3

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 vs OM3
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:11:57 EDT
Hi Dave,

     Based on your reply, the combination that leaps to mind is the OM2000
plus the Olympus Zuiko 90mm F2.0 macro lens. While the camera body is nice,
it is the "glass" that has the most responsibility for the picture, and the
90 macro is a world class lens!!! Note that it is a fast "F2.0" and is a
superb general purpose lens as well. Moreover, the OM2000/90 combo is under
$1100 at B&H, while the OM3Ti is over $1500 just by itself. The 90F2.0 OM
macro only goes to 1:2 however, but I believe a dual element closeup lens
would still yield excellent performance. I'm not sure if Olympus makes one,
but I know both Canon and Leica made one in the 55mm thread of the 90.

     Also consider the other 2 Olympus macros the 50F2.0 and 50F3.5. Only the
last is really light, but the faster macro lenses outperform it!

     Last but not least, Olympus has a host of special purpose macro lenses
and accessories such as the 80mm F4.0macro which is corrected for 1:1.

     Hope this helps.

Alex

Original email below:

In a message dated 1999-09-05 8:34:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,