Re: [OM] (Fwd) What slide film to use ?

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) What slide film to use ?
From: "Jonathan Greeley" <jrgreeley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:14:18 -0700
----------
>From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] (Fwd) What slide film to use ?
>Date: Mon, Aug 30, 1999, 12:43 AM

Hey!
I've used Velvia and Provia for a decent amount of time and have been pretty
astounded by the results.  It seemed for years that no other film could even
approach the contrast and color saturation of these two gems UNTIL Kodak
released their new Elite Chrome 100 just a few months ago.  They have two
different emulsions (pro and amature) which are dubbed Professional
Ektachrome E100VS and Elite Chrome Extra Color 100.  I've shot quite a bit
of the Professional emulsion and am convinced that it delivers just as good
results as the famed Velvia.  The downside of up...  It's a whole stop
faster than Velvia 50 (it's a little easier to shoot in some situations) so
you do lose just a bit of image quality. There isn't a whole heck of a lot
of difference though!  Usually I don't shoot landscape without a tripod so
what's so horrible about losing one stop?  Try them all and find your own
favorite.  In my mind they're all great films.

Jonathan Greeley

Washington State