RE: [OM] Vivitar 3500 Flashgun question

Subject: RE: [OM] Vivitar 3500 Flashgun question
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 16:23:44 -0400
Keith,
The yellow triangle will give 1/32 power, Manual only.  This is for close
ups, etc.  The same function is also present in the 3700 which has quite a
lot higher output than the 3500.  The 3700 can also be used with a winder in
the "yellow" mode.  The 3500 can't recycle fast enough due to the low output
and only 2 batteries for power supply.
Correct on the Wide Angle adapter 1 stop.  You can also use it as a
reflector.  Tilt the flash up and angle the diffuser to place light towards
the subject.  Nice compact bounce unit.
 Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

The yellow triangle is for reduced power, used with the triangle on the
calculator panel set as the film speed index instead of the white line on
the slider - BUT is it for auto sensor or manual/TTL ?

It came with a flip-over diffuser marked 'E/WA-1' and I assume that this
means that I'd lose one stop when using it.

I would appreciate confirmation or correction from anyone with experience
of, or instructions for, the 3500.
T.I.A.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)