Re: [OM] gallery--two URLs?

Subject: Re: [OM] gallery--two URLs?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:03:09 -0600
At 03:46 PM 8/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there a reason there are two seperate addresses for the Unofficial Oly
>Web Gallery? There's <http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/> and
><http://www.enable.org/~gallery/>. I take it one is the backup; which is
>primary? At the moment, I've got them listed in that order on my webpage,
>as prim. and secon. respectively.

Neither is "primary" or "secondary."  "enable.org" is the *root* domain,
tethered to a real IP address, for every other domain on the physical machine
on which the Gallery is hosted.  "taiga.ca" is one of the virtual host domains.
 The DNS simply resolves the requests appropriately.  (In other words, both
addresses are pointing at the same *physical* machine with the same *physical*
directory structure.)  Either address works fine -- the one I advertise is for
the "taiga.ca" domain.

Garth

P.S.: I may actually get the Gallery its own domain name soon -- that way, no
sub-directory-structure will have to be entered into the address in order to
get to the Gallery.  What do you think, people -- should I go for a .COM or a
.ORG?

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/