RE: [OM] ...blades & bokeh....

Subject: RE: [OM] ...blades & bokeh....
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:19:09 -0700 (PDT)
Olafo wrote:

>Probably yeah, but then I ask myself: what is their reason for not using 9
>blades on all lenses? :(((

I wonder whether it has something to do with the physical size of the lens
or how fast it is? If  the function of the blades is to approximate a
circular aperture, then wouldn't it be more difficult to do the wider it
will open and more blades will help?  Wouldn't it be less critical on
slower lenses since aberrations are less at the smaller stop even though
wide open?  Just a guess and probably completely wrong.

Winsor

"In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded"
                                        - Charles Golding, Big Bang Theory

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx