Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:26:00 +0000
I had this dilemma with the 180.  I ended up putting it in my carry-on but I
got
snagged by security because my carry-on was over the 5kg limit - surprise - so
I had
to do some quick weight re-distribution among carry on bags before they would
let me
board -  I think it was still 8kg.  I still kept the 180 in the carry on, just
the
baby's change bag suddenly got a lot heavier.

I still had to check in the rest of my gear so I put the pelican inside my
check-in
suitcase as you had thought.  I think it may pay not to have the latest
Samsonite
when doing this.

I do not keep the 180 in its aluminium case anymore, very nice though that is.
made room for it in my Pelican case so all my gear is together, but mainly
because
of the fear of fungus.  The Pelican is air-tight, the aluminium case is not.

My brother used to do a lot of travelling through Heathrow.  He told me the
word was
that the baggage handlers were virtually an organised ring and that a lot of
expensive gear goes missing from peoples luggage.  This is one thing the
authorities
really should come down on hard.  There are enough problems in travelling to
worry
about without adding this one.

Giles