Re: [OM] Famous 90F2.0 Macro versus 100F2.0???

Subject: Re: [OM] Famous 90F2.0 Macro versus 100F2.0???
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:09:24 -0700 (PDT)
>>>If the tack sharp images of a 90/2 are REALLY an issue, get a soft
focus lens or use an old filter smeared with something.  Personnaly, I'd
rather get the tack sharp image as a base, and then manipulate it
digitally to get any soft focus effects that I want.  That way you have
the best image to work with as a base.  Remember, facial expression is the
main thing you need in portraiture after lighting.  You can always de-tune
an image if you have the right expression, but you can't go the other
way.<<<

A UV filter smeared with oil off your nose works well in a pinch :-)
True, it's better to start with all the info you need and then pare that
to your taste. But as mentioned previously, it's a waste of money and lens
capability to use it for portraiture. If it's used mainly for macro with a
few ports. here and there, no matter, but for ports. mostly and a few
macros the money could be spent better. If you still want to justify it,
like a true Zuik would, you could say "well, i may want to go the macro
way in the future" <G> Just my opinions, and notthing more. I may have
missed something along the line (tech-glitch hell anyone?)

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
goosnargh