Re: [OM] Famous 90F2.0 Macro versus 100F2.0???

Subject: Re: [OM] Famous 90F2.0 Macro versus 100F2.0???
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
re. using a macro lens for portraiture
>>>wonder if any of u out there can agree....<<<

Yup. Although I don't have the 90/2, I have used the 50/1.8MC and 200/4SC.
Unless the subject is very young (for me, it was my 5yr old sister), skin
blemishes are very distracting. Yes, I've shot other people, everyone from
teens up to 40s. Rather disappointed with the sharpness. Now, the 90/2
would be even more harsh. The one time when I was very new to the
OM-system, I accidently stacked UV/PL filters, and people photos taken
that way were pleasingly soft.

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
goosnargh