Re: [OM] Please recommend lens & accessories for beginner macro work ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Please recommend lens & accessories for beginner macro work ?
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:32:57 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Robbrecht <olympusbuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 August 1999 10:33

It was mostly for macro photography that I originally bought an OM and it
wasn't until joining this list that I've started using it for other
subjects. I've always been happy enough with the 50/1.8, sometimes reversed,
that I have never considered an expensive macro lens. On my Things-To-Do
list is a reminder to try out my reversing ring and newly acquired mini
35-70 zoom.

For the price of a T32 you could probably buy two T20s with TTL cords and
adapters - much more useful for macro, especially when used with a light
tent.

Rather sadly, I haven't done so much indoors lately since discovering what a
flatbed scanner can do with small objects, and you can experiment over and
over without having to wait for a film to be processed.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx