[ot] flare was Re: [OM] SC vs MC

Subject: [ot] flare was Re: [OM] SC vs MC
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Keith (R.K.) Berry wrote:

>Siddiq, 'the Einstein guy', wrote:
>
>>Personally, I like a bit of flare in my photos if I'm shooting into the
>>sun. Those polygons in all spectrum of colors add a bit of something that
>>melikes :-) Plain orangish is nono, colorful is good <G>
>
>I think they're specular reflections rather than flare as such, but it's
>amusing that most photographers try to avoid them (and it) just for people
>to supply a variety of lens flare effects for Photoshop and PSP. :-)

Admittedly, I've only taken a few pictures looking into the general
direction of sun, and I haven't quite yet succeeded in getting colorful
polygons, just oranginsh ones. I guess this sudden passion for colorful
reflections has been coming as a result of watching DVDs a few times too
many. It's a demo disk by Miramar that came with the new compyter (I am
still sitting on the old one, and use the new one only for photo/digital
audio; not yet hooked online). Tread/ReTread, about mountain biking (Hi
Doris!) has some spectacular camera work, and some unintentional dust
induced flare. Canyon Carver, about white water rafting, too, has some
"good" flare, unintentional ofcourse.
<Ob. OM content>one photo of my 5yr old sis, silhouetted by sun, has a
nice reflection/flare thingy. Watching the DVD on computer, mum commented
on the picture quality "very sharp, like photos with your Olympus"
Needless to say, that left me grinning :-)

/Acer Victoria
--
goosnargh