Re: [OM] precision of metering-dial 2S, 4 Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] precision of metering-dial 2S, 4 Ti
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:56:22 -0400
I think the way your LCD reacts to the comp dial is normal.  The LCD
behaviour can be a little flaky.  For instance,  on auto, the lcd bar is lit
next to "60"  yet when you open the lens 1 stop, and the lcd lights up to
125 , but the lcd segment  next to 125 is blinking.  This blinking bar is
considered "lit" according to the service manual.  So no service can be
done, the user has to learn to accept it. Compensating 1/3 of a stop
affects exposure that much but the value that goes to the LCD might be right
on the edge of shifting between 2 lcd segments.
There are several pages in every service manual  that list  behaviour  in
that camera model which may be misinterpreted by the user as  defects.
Maybe I should list these on my site.

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714