Re: Re[4]: [OM]Leica vs Om (was Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested)

Subject: Re: Re[4]: [OM]Leica vs Om (was Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested)
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 11:05:35 +0100
George

>Sounds similar to what I (we) are doing.  We make showing and critiquing
>work an excuse for a get-together.

I'm also a member of a group in north London that has monthly
get-togethers, often with a guest speaker.  It's another good way of
keeping the enthusiasm going, without the competitve nature of the camera
clubs which I feel is alien to the advancement of one's photography after a
certain point.  That point is probably when you've got to know more than
the judge!  Somebody wrote in a magazine a while ago that in camera clubs,
photography is less an art, more a sport :-)

>Got to be patient, though, waitin' on
>the postman.

Yes, any one folio normally takes about 3 months to do a complete circuit
(12 members, about a week each).  So there are three in circulation,
meaning that you get one roughly once a month.

>I had no idea that you were involved with the analyzer until your recent
>post where you included the URL.   I'll have to take a closer look next time
>we meet over at his place.  I want to see how the display relates to the
>OM-4s.

Basically, you can meter up to 8 points from the baseboard image, and the
Analyser lights an LED next to a grey scale for each one.  Exposure is
calculated from the brightest and darkest readings, and you can then apply
compensation if you want, to position the grey tones where you want them.
So you have an equivalent to the OM-4's spot reading indicators and bar-graph.

Best
Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England