RE: [OM] OT Photo contest ethics

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Photo contest ethics
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:10:44 +0800

> On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 06:56:38PM -0500, Gary Edwards wrote:
> > A very large corporation (100,000+ employees) is conducting
> its third
> > annual photo contest.
>
> Since I no longer work for them, I'll say the corporation is Lockheed
> Martin. (I wouldn't have been eligible anyway, since I was a
> contractor, not
> an employee.)

It sounded very much like a message I got from my employer (COMPAQ) a few
weeks (?) ago.  I tried to find the message but I either filed it somewhere
obscure or deleted it - obviously it wasn't an attractive proposition for
me.  At least the company appeared to be honest in explaining how the
photographs would be used, etc., so it was really up to the individual to
decide.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/