Re: [OM] OM in Encarta 99!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM in Encarta 99!!!
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:54:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 HI100@xxxxxxx wrote:

>     I doubt if ** hot ** water would make much difference

  I didn't either, but at the pressures involved, it was a rather safe bet
to assume the water is more than lukewarm, no ?

> but the
> reason for the water knife is probably to prevent work hardening
> of the frame through conventional machining.

  Well, this may explain the Encarta mistake...(geez, I think Jim
just actually agreed with me on something!).

> Originally they were an unofficial export, produced
> illegally in the aircraft/rocket factories.

  Hell, they have bike frames now available made from the unobtanium the
Russians invented to make ICBM fins that could withstand blasting through
12 feet of ice when launching from subs !

                                        *= Doris Fang =*