Re: [OM] To spot or not

Subject: Re: [OM] To spot or not
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 19:47:54 -0500
At 11:17 PM 8/4/1999 +0000, you wrote:

>Why use something else when what you have works?
>
>I know the 'pro' thing to do would be to get an incident meter and all
that stuff
>but I would prefer to learn how to get the most out of what I have.   As I
see it,
>my 4Ti is a $1K light meter which happens to hold film and expose it in
its spare
>time.

Part of all this is simply what you get used to.  When I used to use
primarily center-weighted averaging meters, I got pretty good at knowing
when to switch to manual and adjust the exposure a little. Now that I rely
on spot meter readings so much more, I can't get along without them.  My
percentage of good exposures is not really any higher, but I don't want to

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA