RE: [OM] RE: Flash Shoe "Lips" (was "help needed")

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: Flash Shoe "Lips" (was "help needed")
From: "Riek,Chris" <criek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:32:02 -0400
Joel et all,

Last night I used the brass on the shoe of my TTL-f0.2 cord and it
worked great! It was too tight to put a piece of brass on both sides,
so I put it on just one side. I bent the front end of the brass into a
little "L" so that it would fit over the front of the cord's "lip" and would
not fall out as I slid the cord into the shoe. The results were great,
and the flash and the ready light worked without problem. After this
success, I've got to go and find the CA glue so that I can permanently
attach it. Joel, you also brought up the Duo-Sync cord. I have one of
those for my OM-1n and when I use it on the OM-4t, I have the same
problems. I'll give the brass a try on that one too. For anyone interested
in what thickness of brass I've been using, I'll have to ask the machinist
I got it from to measure it for me. I'll let everyone know when I get the
measurement. I hope that this helps someone.

-Chris Riek
Foxboro, MA