Re: [OM] closeups with T32

Subject: Re: [OM] closeups with T32
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 02:02:33 EDT
You need to find the ND filters to fit in the special slot that you access by
tilting the flash head upward revealing a groove to install the filter.
> Question: I want to take a photo with a camera/flash to subject distance
>  closer than that minimum on the T32 calc panel per ASA setting. With the
>  50/1.8MC, the min aperture is f:16; with the 1.4MC, I can get f:22. Of
>  course, I can put a PL filter and get another stop less light or put a
>  plastic diffuser in front of the flash.
You will need a diffuser for wide angles, a ND filter or even a double layer
of tissue in a pinch. You can use a Stofen or even an umbrella or use bounce.
Anything you do will cut down on the minimum camera to subject distance.  I
just bought an white Ultralight umbrella from Office Max or Office Depot just
to use as a flash umbrella. With an extension cable you can strap or Velcro
it to the shaft of the umbrella (you lose TTL however).

>  Live and learn.

Warren