Re: [OM] batteries OT

Subject: Re: [OM] batteries OT
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:11:50 -0400
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 7/30/99 10:19:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > My question is how much more
> >  power does a D-cell have over a AA and how many more flashes will I get
> from
> >  them?
>
> Well, in the old days if you bought a D cell at Radio Shack and opened it up,
> you found a AA inside wrapped in cardboard.
>
> Paul Schings
> Coventry, Rhode Island USA

I saw the original post then I saw the above reply, which rather than
answering the original question is a commentary on a particular brand of
D cell, and went looking for this kind of info and came up with the
following from http://www.duracell.com.

Alkaline Manganese Primary Cells
Cell "Size"     Voltage         Capacity in mAh

D               1.5V            15000
C               1.5V             7800
AA              1.5V             2850
AAA             1.5V             1150

So you can see that a D cell should last about five or six times longer
than an AA, assuming fresh cells.

I really can't give you a good answer about recharge times for the
flash, but you can quickly find that out when you use your battery.
Let us know how things work out.

Bob
--
                   //////