Re: [OM] Flash/lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash/lens question
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:01:57 +0100
Alex Hughes wrote:

I also aquired a Prinzflex 80-200mm (f4.5-5.6) Zoom (52mm filter) has anyone
heard of this make? (it was very cheap so I don't mind (too much) if it's
rubbish).

The Prinz brand belongs to Dixons, the UK High Street multiple store and was
applied to anything photographic that they bought in large quantities. More
recently they've used Miranda for the same purpose and both brands are
despised by other dealers on principle so they usually undervalue them to
the extent that you can get a good bargain. Neither name really conveys any
indication of quality though since the ranges and their manufacturers are so
wide.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx