[OM] OM4 Questions

Subject: [OM] OM4 Questions
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:29:55 EDT
Hi again and thanks to everyone for their help in the past.

I just have a couple of questions about the OM4. I've just replaced my
OM2n (which my son will soon be getting) with and OM4 (thanks to Tomoko).

What does the plastic pin on the lens mount actually do besides sheer off
if a screw hole gets in its way? I've heard it has something to do with
the memory lock (?) but why is it needed?

Second - Why is the baseplate different from the other OMs? The
depression about 3/8" across near the MD contacts and the small what
looks like screw head also in this area are both new to me.

I hope no one minds these simple questions.

Thanks to everyone.

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA