[OM] Minor lens hood puzzle

Subject: [OM] Minor lens hood puzzle
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:43:50 +0100
Here's a little puzzle. I've had a 35-70 f4 Zuiko for years and recently saw
a price ticket in a dealers showcase that said "35-70mm lens for Olympus
OM." Is there a lens hiding behind that ticket?" I asked. He handed me out
the tiny 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 which made my old f4 look like a blunderbuss and I
couldn't resist buying it. It appears flawless throughout apart from a bit
of backlash in the focussing ring.

I also have a lens hood marked "OLYMPUS  35 - 70mm f3,5 - 4,5   Japan" (not
4,8), with two horizontally opposed buttons (as on a lens cap), which is too
big for the little zoom and although it almost fits on the f4, it could fall
off because it appears to need some kind of groove to slot into.

Presumably it's not for an OM System zoom. If anyone knows what it's for I'd
be interested to know, or more to the point, has a use for it, I'd be happy
to trade it for a clamp on hood (metal or rubber) for the 50mm f1.8.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx