Re: [OM] Reasons *not* to drop your Oly; was: most durable cameradiscus

Subject: Re: [OM] Reasons *not* to drop your Oly; was: most durable cameradiscussion,...
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Denton Taylor wrote:
<snip SL story>

>I've seen that same image. I think Leica used it in their advertising...
>
>No doubt many of the scientists on the list will confirm what I am about to
                        ^^^^^^^^
OOh, I /like/ that title.

>say, but in much more concrete scientific terms...
>
>A falling object can only fall so fast, irrespective of the height from which
>it falls. Therefore, IMHO, a camera dropped from say five feet onto concrete,
>may actually incur higher g-forces than a camera dropped from 20,000 feet into
>soft sand.
>
>Since we have a number of pilots on the list, maybe we can do a more scientific
>test. Ken Norton will drop his F5, I'll drop my Contax Aria, and I know we have
>a few Leica M owners. :-)

Did you intentionally leave out the OMs? (we don't want to hurt them, do
we?) ;-)

/Acer "The Scientist formerly known as Cheeky Whippersnapper"
"Hah! I beat you to the reply, nyahnyahnyah!" Victoria
--
don't let Big Business be greedy; sign the petition @
http://www.radiorequests.com/petition/