Re: [OM] Olympus cameras under water use

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus cameras under water use
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:22:14 -0700
<Why risk anything - take the housing down without a camera in it and
see if it
<leaks.
<
<Giles

Giles'
        That would be done a number of times before I felt confident enough to
put a camera in in the first place.  My concern is how many cycles is a
housing good for.  Can they be that reliable?
        In talking to my dive instructor (he uses a N*k*nos III) he felt that
since I already owned a "good" camera system, that I would be better off
with a housing.  Apparently many published photographers start with a
dedicated under water camera then graduate to a housing.  I was hoping
there was someone on the list with previous experience, it seems like
every other hobby or profession is represented here by recognized
experts (as opposed to the self proclaimed type).  I think I like the
idea of using a less expensive body and lens.  Is there such a thing as
a decent 50 mm and or 90 mm (or so) Macro that would not be a crime if
it got flooded?
Thanks again for the help

--
Mike Butler