Re: [OM] Twinning OM bodies for stereo: Any experiences?

Subject: Re: [OM] Twinning OM bodies for stereo: Any experiences?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:41:27 +0200
: I'm investigating building a "twin rig" (two, synchronized camera bodies
: joined together) for stereo and I'm curious if OM bodies would lend
: themselves to this purpose.

The Relay Cords 1.2m and 10m for the Motor Drives have Remote Terminal Sockets
(marked A & B) that allows simultaneous Motor Drive photography. To do that,
both Motor Drives must be connected by a Relay Cord to their Power Supply
(Control Grip or Control Pack). Then you connect the Remote A poles together and
the Remote B poles together. No camera modifications or sophisticated
electronics needed.

A much cheaper solution would be a double cable release that is fine tuned for
simultaneous shutter release (the long end can be adjusted).

Btw, it doesn't matter if the shutter is mechanical [OM-1(n), OM-3(Ti), OM-2000]
or electrical.

hnz