[OM] Twinning OM bodies for stereo: Any experiences?

Subject: [OM] Twinning OM bodies for stereo: Any experiences?
From: Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:47:18 -0500 (CDT)
Hi.

I'm investigating building a "twin rig" (two, synchronized camera bodies
joined together) for stereo and I'm curious if OM bodies would lend
themselves to this purpose. I have just about no electrical engineering
aptitude, so please don't reply with highly esoteric discussions about
splicing into circuit boards. I'm fairly sure that twinning works best if
done electronically (on cameras with electronic shutters), so suggestions
regarding manual OM bodies would be less helpful. If someone could refresh
my memory on which of the OM bodies are electronic, that'd be great. I
presently have a 4T, although I'm quite prepared to exclude it from this
project 'cause I know it's circuitry is extremely complex.

Thanks for your time!

DB