Re: [OM] OM3 TTL flash sensor.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3 TTL flash sensor.
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:08:08 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/99 10:46:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> There is a
>  sensor facing to the film plane in the body of the camera. Since it is
>  not an auto exposure camera, it must be the TTL sensor, right?

I believe the OM-3 meters using a photocell at the floor of the mirror box,
reading off of a sub-mirror behind the (semi-silvered) main mirror. This is
teh same configuration as the OM-2S and OM-4. It does NOT do any OTF stuff,
though. That was added, for flash only, to the OM-3Ti. When the original OM-3
was introduced I always thought it was odd that they didn't do TTL flash,
seeing that the hardware was already there.

I wonder if putting an OM-3Ti circuit in an OM-3 would give TTL flash. But
then you'd need a new hot shoe. Of course the TTL connector is already
there... Nahhh, who'd hack into an OM-3 anyway?

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA