[OM] Administrative Request - WINMAIL.DAT

Subject: [OM] Administrative Request - WINMAIL.DAT
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 19:30:11 +0000
Attachments and other non text formating like html formated messages cause ugly
problems for subscribers to the digest version of this list as those
attachments
can't be included in a digest as attachments so get included in the body of the
digest as ASCI garbage.  See small sample below of an HTML message as it
appears in
the digest.

So in my capacity as temporary list administrator I would kindly ask that
people
stick to text and disable winmail.dat in outlook express and mail.note in -
whatever
package that is from (Notes, or is it MS again?)

Thank you

Giles - user of shareware

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D390460515-18071999>I've =
been sitting on=20
the sidelines for a time and really enjoying the experience -- =
especially the=20
more inexpensive tips for improving my photo technique and OM =
collection. Lately=20
there has been some very beneficial (to me) discussion about 3rd party =