Re: One-Upmanship (was: RE: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.)

Subject: Re: One-Upmanship (was: RE: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 10:34:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/99 11:21:45 PM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Ouch! Speaking of which, you might want to invest in a Citizen Blue Angels
>  NaviHawk wristwatch, which has, among myriads of fuctions, a slide rule
>  bezel, which should come in handy when you crash onto a lonely island, or
>  Y2k, or whatnot :-)

        Don't laugh, I feel sorry for your generation, Acer, with your
laptops, palmtops, kneetops. I've been flying with several friends for
exactly 30 years now (yikes! I really had no idea it's been THAT long!) And
all the computing power I need is in my head and my slide-rule bezel of my
Seiko wristwatch. No batteries, no Y2K worries, and perfect landings at
Martha's Vineyard, although the haze IS a bitch on many days.
( what happens when you're flying along and get a Y2K bug and it's suddenly
1901? does your plane become a hot-air balloon?)

George S.