Re: [OM] OM-1 Durability/personal experience

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Durability/personal experience
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:02:51 -0500
I used to make two trips a year to the Four Corners.  I took a photographer
buddy along with me once.  He was always having his manual N*k*ns seize up
or otherwise break down. Of, course, he did let the bag holding his body
blow off the top of the rim by Delicate Arch and bounce all the way to the
bottom.  Ticked me off, because he was using my bag.  Then I took a female
shooter that I was pursuing at the time.  Her C*n*ns broke down on her.  My
delicate little OM-1 and OM-2 always just motored along without complaint.
Oh, I did have a 28/3.5 get a little tight on the aperture ring after I
dropped it on a rock and it rolled down the canyon a little way.  I've had
the OM-1 for 22 years and it has never needed anything but cleaning and
light seals.  Incidentally, she married a N*k*n user.  I figure I was lucky
to escape.

Gary Edwards