Re: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f/1.2
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:19:22 +0000
Branko wrote:

>There is also something to be said about synergy between the photographer
>and the equipment.

Once the photographer masters the tools he can then concentrate on the
images.  There is much talk of brand names and so on, but it's good to
remind ourselves that the best photos can often be taken on the simplest of
equipment.  There's nothing wrong with using what technology provides, but
if your living doesn't depend on it, why not go out (or stay in)
occasionally with a single prime lens (I'd choose 50mm) and manual TTL or a
separate hand meter.  Or go a step further and use the settings on the film
box.  Ask yourself: what is that I am trying to achieve?  why capture this
particular image?  What will I do with the photographs?  Why take six when
one should suffice?  I don't think that the number of 'keepers' is always
proportional to the number of frames taken.  I think it is too easy to go
around 'snapping' things, trying all angles, and not really stopping to
think *why*.

I've said enough, I suppose I'd better get out with one lens.

Simon E.