Re: [OM] e-SIF completed !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] e-SIF completed !!!
From: "Peter Davies" <davies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:38:38 +1000
Hi Hans

Let me be the first to congratulate you on this fine outstanding effort.  Once
again thankyou very much - I for one have gained alot of new knowledge from
your work.

Perhaps you could send me the photomicro group system chart as I'm having
difficulties printing the whole thing on 1 sheet.

thanks once again - also how are you going to fill in your spare time now??

regards

Peter Davies

>>> "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/21/99 06:07AM >>>
Yes dear Zuiks and Zuikettes, OM-lovers :-) all over the world, this is it!!!

With the completion of the Photomicro Group I proudly present to you The
Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File in its 'final' stage!

The statistics:
Started on the 20th of February 1999, completed on the 20th of July, so 'only' 5
months of labour to represent all the well over 300 units of the complete OM
System from the early days untill today, divided over 229 Web pages and
illustrated with 246 pictures. It is visited daily, and there have been almost
4500 visitors (not counting any Katja-lovers ;-)

I'm also glad to announce a few enhancements (or rather 'enhansements' ;) to the
e-SIF, some of them already known to regular visitors. There is the enhansed
starting page with its cute little OM-icons; the page for the Body Group has
been enhansed today with the Body Group Main Features Table (showing the main
features of all OM bodies in one table), and most other Groups have been
enhansed with a Group System Chart.

The 'completion' of the e-SIF obviously does not mean it is now frozen
'forever'. I'll probably start by adding more pages to my portfolio (hopefully
more interesting than my contribution to the ADITL page ;) and very likely
starting with "The B&W Mount Olympus Page", pictures I took at the Holland Sand
Sculpure Park which made the Guiness Book Of Records as the highest sand
sculpture, having the Greek Odyssee Saga, including Mount Olympus, as its theme.

After this, I have some thoughts to organize an Olympus OM Web Ring, that is, if
I get enough responses from main Olympus OM Web Sites. FYI: a Web Ring is an
expandable collection of related Web Sites that point to each other, having
automatically updated links to other sites. If any Oly OM Web Master is reading
this and gets exited by the idea: please mail me or, maybe, I'll mail you ;)

Concerning Olympus OM info added to the e-SIF in the future, I have no real
plans but it may include user info (practical tips and hints), specifically on
the Body Group and Flash Photo Group (these seem to generate the most questions
on the Mailing List anyway), extra pictures or tables (I already had the
suggestion to add DOF tables and Lens Cross Section Diagrams but am not yet
convinced this info would be usefull to anybody). If anyone has other
suggestions, or knows of an OM System unit I have omitted, please let me know!
Of course I'm also still interested in hearing about errata, including typing
errors or suggestions about the style of English.

And just in case Mother Olympus is watching (yeah right): *yes*, there still is
room for additional units, *even* in the Body Group ;) And I don't mean P&S, APS
or DigiCams, _unless_ with OM Mount!

No I don't have plans to add any Oly 35mm P&S, APS, Digital, IS-Series or
whatever. OM it is, OM it will stay.

Finally I would like to thank all List Members and other visitors, OM-lovers :-)
all over the world for additions and corrections. Special thanks to Frank van
Lindert for taking some digital pictures. Finally I would like to thank Foto
Professional in Amsterdam. They may be thieves, morons and imposters (the
Amsterdam version of 'Cambridge'), but after all it was Daddy
Professional's gift to me that started it all (the man obviously had no idea of
its trade/collectors value - serves him right!): his copy of the Olympus Sales
Information File. Without it, the e-SIF probably would not exist.

Hans van Veluwen
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif.htm