[OM] use zoom for exposure or prime/digital crop post-exp.?

Subject: [OM] use zoom for exposure or prime/digital crop post-exp.?
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
All the lenses I have so far (28/50/200) are primes. I'm looking for
opinions on whether I should get a zoom (thinking of one in the wide and
one in the tele range) to "crop" the image before exposing or to stay with
primes and then digitally crop/enlarge? I have a trip or two coming up
around Y2k, and would like to either start searching for glass or get to
know the photoeditors I have now. Here are all my cards:
1. OM-1n has no spot, and I want some distant architecture pix;
2. I might get an OM-2000 or 2SP if it's in decent shape;
3. Most likely will be shooting Superia 400, Reala, and might venture to
   the world of E6 if I get a spot-body;
4. With prints, I can also get local pro shop to crop/enlarge from neg if
   I want to show prints--else, I'll digi-edit and scan on homepage;
5. If I do get spot, I'll get a projector--nothing compares to the sheer
   glory of a huge image, but then I'll need zoom to get a decent pix;

6. etc.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the "get 2nd body and get to know image
editors" side of the fence simply to keep down $$$. If you had $???
(amount undecided), what would you do?
Gary Schloss just put up a monster selection of bodies and glass. Oy!

/Acer Victoria, running low on EPM....
--
dum spiro, spero
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/               <--don't visit just yet!